Sunday was relaxed & just what my husband was wishing for. I grilled us up some burgers, veggie burgers & dogs alongside was some avocado hummus, lemon artichoke hummus, peppers, carrots, celery & some organic white corn chips. Simple but tasty. Mark had both his boys there; Caleb & Christian and Sara-Bear was home for the day so, we had a great family weekend.
We're really big on making our own cards for birthdays, Mother's/Father's day, Christmas, whatever's going on. We feel it's much more personalized & meaningful creating from scratch. This year, my mom got a birthday card storybook. My mom's name is Dari (not pronounced 'dairy' but 'starry' with a 'D') I started out her card with a poem that eventually ran into a couple pages so, I made it into a "Princess Dar" storybook. It was super awesome! Not to toot my own horn but it was pretty darn good. And it got just the response from my mom I was hoping for. She laughed & laughed & laughed. I even illustrated most of it. When it comes to drawing, I'm no artist, but you'll find George Clooney flying in on a cool fish kite swooning my mom as they fly away together......Here's quick peek......
HeHe, my mom absolutely loved this. She has a slight crush on Mr. Clooney ;)
Mark's Father's Day card from me
Yes, my cards are a little juvenile but cute, don't ya think?
What are some creative ways you show your love?

Best Birthday card I've ever received...love it and you!
ReplyDelete