Tuesday, September 23, 2014

First Day of Fall has Arrived!

Thank you, thank you, thank you Mother Nature! Oh, how I've been patiently waiting, about a month now, for this day of relief. And, since my iPhone's weather app is showing signs that autumn is truly upon us, I am preparing. Collecting more kindling, planning the crock pot meals & chili recipes (because our household cannot agree on one chili, we have 3) & preparing to say "See you next Spring!" to some of our backyard plantings. Slowly bringing out our fall attire from storage bins. And shopping for that perfect pair of comfy, furry boots that I can tool around in.
Oh, how I love to watch the leaves fall from the trees (and straight into our pool), the smoke billowing from the chimneys around. The noticeable breath from everyone's mouth and the outdoor strolls before it gets too cold. The happy hearts we get with the change of season. The uplifting moods from relief of the heat. The outside gatherings around the firepit, with cups of hot joe, chocolate, or toddy in hand. Ahh, how I love this season.

Happy First Day of Fall!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting us today!