Well, Fayetteville is as beautiful as has been described to us. What a magnificent city! There's a lot of our country I have not yet seen but what I have, downtown Fayetteville is by far the prettiest & cleanest. Saturday we ventured out to enjoy the plentiful Farmer's Market located downtown.
(insert imagination here) I can hardly believe it but, I totally forgot my camera at home :( Wow, that's a little embarrassing to admit out loud. What pics I took were with my iPhone which, take good pictures for a phone but not for the kind of landscape we were surrounded by.
After sampling bits of what Fayetteville's best farmers, crafters & bakers had to offer, we headed onto Little Bread Co. for brunch. Yes, this place is delish! When you order a slice of quiche, I hope you're hungry cause it's huge! And, I was, so annihilating it was no problem :)
(insert imagination here)
After filling our bellies with absolute goodness we headed to "the falls". "Oooooo, where's that?", you ask. It's this little hidden gem & you really must know where you are going in order to find it. Plus, once you arrive, there's about another mile to mile & a half (easy walk) to the actual water.
(my imagination used below)
Our crew taking turns jumping off the cliff.
Pic taken by Jeffus' at another point in time of the falls.
On a hike with our trusty guide Tobias
Entering Mother Nature's den
Cliffs at the top of first landing
"Hey Dude!" (waving)
Beautiful
(Little blurry)
A small pool at the far end of first landing
Tobias asked that I leave my phone as I would need both hands as we scaled higher. Looking at my reaction of not being able to take photos of what we would witness, he said, "just try to explain, in words, what you see". Words of wisdom from such a young man. Thank you Tobias.
However, I cannot begin to explain the full beauty. And once we got as far as I was going to venture, we noticed what looked to be a cave. My words to Tobias, "I have the utmost respect for Mother Nature & her creatures. I do not wish to find, if anything, what might live it that cave. I'm going back down now."
A few groovy rock sculptures
Mark's rock sculpture, "balance"
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for visiting us today!